Tuesday, March 5, 2013

POLAND 2.

Krakow really is an incredible city, easily one of my favorites in Europe. The main market square 'Rynek Główny' is the largest square in Europe and dates back to the 13th century and thank god was left un-scaved by the Germans. The St Adalberts Church dates back to the 10th century and the inside is just mind blowing. 95% of Poles belong to the Roman Catholic Church, during the times of foreign oppression the Catholic Church remained a cultural guard in the fight for independence and national survival. Being in the church reminded me of my childhood, I would visit the local church on a Sunday morning with my grandfather. I now understand that his faith may have been one of the keys to surviving the war that tore him and his family apart when he was a child. Coming up to age 93 he still goes to the same church and feels like a movie star when the priest comes to visit him at his home.      

No comments:

To Buy/Stock/Distribute Gypsy Skateboards contact: http://www.maccaronidistribution.com/

To Buy/Stock/Distribute Gypsy Skateboards contact: http://www.maccaronidistribution.com/